Lumpiang Shanghai (spring rolls) is a Filipino cuisine that is best serve everytime you have guest.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- 2 pcs medium carrot, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 30 pcs spring roll wrappers, depends on fillings
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground pork, onions, carrots, garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
- Lay a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface and place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in the center.
- Roll the wrapper tightly, tucking in the sides as you go. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Fry the spring rolls, a few at a time, until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with a dipping sauce of your choice.
In conclusion, Lumpiang Shanghai is a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that is perfect for entertaining guests or satisfying your cravings.