If you are a fan of exotic and spicy food, then you must try the Indian style Thai basil beef curry. This delicious and aromatic curry is a perfect combination of the bold flavors of Thai cuisine and the rich spices of Indian cuisine. It is a perfect comfort food for a cold winter night or a warm summer day.
Thai basil beef curry is a popular dish in Thailand, known as “Pad Gra Prow.” It is a street food staple in Thailand, served with steaming hot rice or noodles. The dish has its origin in the streets of Bangkok, where vendors used to sell it as a quick and filling meal to the people.
Thai basil beef curry has its roots in Thailand, but its popularity has spread to other countries like India, where it has become a beloved dish. The Indian style Thai basil beef curry has a unique flavor profile due to the use of Indian spices like cumin, coriander, and turmeric, along with the bold flavors of Thai basil.
To make Indian style Thai basil beef curry, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of beef, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of Thai basil leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
The preparation time for Indian style Thai basil beef curry is around 15 minutes.
The cooking time for Indian style Thai basil beef curry is around 40 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, chopped onions, minced garlic, grated ginger, and chopped green chillies. Saute them till the onions turn translucent.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add the beef cubes to the pan and cook them on medium heat till they are browned on all sides.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they are soft and mushy.
- Add a cup of water to the pan and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the curry simmer for around 20-25 minutes till the beef is tender and cooked through.
- Add chopped Thai basil leaves to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.
Indian style Thai basil beef curry is a perfect combination of the bold flavors of Thai cuisine and the rich spices of Indian cuisine. It is a hearty and flavorful dish that is easy to make and is sure to impress your guests. So, the next time you are in the mood for some exotic comfort food, give this recipe a try, and you won’t be disappointed.