Thai cuisine is famous all over the world for its bold flavors and vibrant spices. Tom Yum Goong is one of the most popular Thai dishes that have gained immense popularity globally. The hot and sour soup is a perfect blend of spicy, sour, and savory flavors that create a unique taste that is simply irresistible. In this blog, we will learn how to cook Tom Yum Goong, an authentic Thai food recipe that you can easily make at home.
Tom Yum Goong is a traditional Thai soup that originated in Central Thailand in the 19th century. The dish was first created as a way to use up leftover ingredients, and over time, it evolved into a popular soup that is enjoyed by people all over the world.
Ingredients: To make Tom Yum Goong, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised and chopped
- 3-4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 4-5 Thai bird’s eye chilies, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small piece galangal, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
Preparation Time: The preparation time for Tom Yum Goong is around 15-20 minutes.
Cooking Time: The cooking time for Tom Yum Goong is around 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable and chicken stock in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, Thai bird’s eye chilies, garlic, and galangal to the pot.
- Let the ingredients simmer for about 5 minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Add the shrimp to the pot and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and opaque.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, and tomato to the pot and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and lime juice to the pot and stir well.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- Add the chopped cilantro to the pot and stir well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tom Yum Goong is a classic Thai dish that is easy to make and bursting with flavors. The soup is a perfect blend of spicy, sour, and savory flavors that are sure to tantalize your taste buds. By following the above recipe, you can easily make this authentic Thai food at home and impress your guests.
Top Keyword: Authentic Thai Food Recipe
Thai cuisine is famous all over the world for its bold flavors and vibrant spices. Tom Yum Goong is a classic Thai dish that is easy to make and bursting with flavors. By following this authentic Thai food recipe, you can easily make this hot and sour soup at home. The soup is a perfect blend of spicy, sour, and savory flavors that are sure to tantalize your taste buds. This blog provides step-by-step instructions on how to cook Tom Yum Goong, and it is sure to impress your guests. So, go ahead and try this recipe today and experience the taste of Thailand in your own kitchen!