Filipino taste recipe
- 1 pound chicken or pork cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 gloves garlic minced
- 2 pieces bayleaves
- 1 tbsp peppercorn
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce optional
- In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat.
- Add diced garlic and sliced onion and cook until softened.
- Add sliced chicken (or pork) to the pot and cook until browned.
- Pour in soy sauce and vinegar, enough to cover the meat.
- Add bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
- Serve over rice.
You can also add other ingredients such as potatoes, carrots or tofu to make a more hearty and flavorful adobo. Additionally, some variations call for brown sugar or pineapple juice to be added to balance out the flavors.